In honour of Valentine’s Day, here’s 6 tips for rekindling that spark:
- Put your heart into something new. Whether it’s coming up with a new and exciting idea or stepping back and looking at your business in a new light, sometimes a breath of fresh air is all you need to get back on the right track. Try and think outside the box and don’t be afraid to ask for advice – it’s always great to get an outsiders perspective.
- Spice things up. Regular routines can be healthy and there is nothing wrong with being organised, but this can also lead to ruts over time. Doing the same thing, the same way day after day can make you bored and unproductive. Even if most of your core duties are set, consider what is in your control to change. Simple actions such as tackling tasks in a different order, collaborating with different co-workers or changing up your workspace can help invigorate you.
- Deepen your affection. You pursued your career for a reason. Focus on the positives. What are the responsibilities you like handling and consider what makes you an important asset to your business. Think back to where it all first started and look how far you’ve come, don’t be afraid to concentrate on the parts of your business you enjoy – it’ll make you a much more valuable asset to your business and your colleagues.
- Profess your true feelings. Feeling beleaguered by too many projects? Don’t suffer in silence. Prioritise your workload or gain a helping hand on important initiatives. Delegation is vital if you’re feeling this way and if you’ve got the right reinforcements around you they’ll appreciate the extra responsibility.
- Love the ones you’re with. Full-time workers spend a great many of their waking hours at the office. As such, continually building solid relationships with colleagues is essential. Acknowledge the efforts of others and praise workers for a job well done. Share the love every day of the year, not just Valentine’s Day!
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you’ve lost that loving feeling for your business, perhaps you need to take some time out. There’s no good pushing yourself too hard which will only lead to stress for you and the people around you. So, give yourself time to get away from work, relax and recharge your batteries.
For more information about how to get the most out of your business, please feel free to contact us on 01482 427360, email email@example.com or why not take a look at our Mentoring service? Visit www.360mentor.co.uk for more details on how we can support and guide you and your business.