Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking for a Tax Assistant to join our Personal Tax team. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Hitting monthly tax return submission targets.
- Undertaking New Client Procedures – embedding new clients into the company and within the client and staff portfolio, including work schedules.
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing strategic taxation planning advice and information.
- Advising clients on tax planning and tax issues associated with activities.
- Preparing tax returns.
- Investigating and advising on individual client queries.
- Ensuring all returns are accurate and meet set timescales and legal requirements.
Applicants with at least a year’s experience will be favoured. Other attributes we are looking for include:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge or a keen interest in the industry.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, specifically Excel spreadsheets and databases.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
We are dedicated to providing a great working environment for our team members. We offer support, invest in training and give you the opportunity to grow with the business. You will have an experienced team around you and will be encouraged to study towards a relevant professional qualification, with full support given throughout.
The working hours required for this role are 5 days per week on a full-time basis. Salary is market rate dependent on qualifications and experience.
If you think you would be suitable for this role then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 5pm Friday 27th July
Interviews week commencing: Monday 6th August