From 1st August 2018 there will be 2 key changes made:
- People who are disqualified for acting as a trustee will also be disqualified from holding certain senior management positions in a charity.
- There will be an increase in the number of reasons somebody can be disqualified from acting as a trustee.
New reasons for disqualification:
- Being on the sex offenders register.
- Certain unspent convictions – such as terrorism or money laundering.
Under the new rules, there will be no change to the following:
- Acting whilst disqualified will still be a criminal offence.
- Disqualified individuals will still have the right to apply for a waiver.
If you will become disqualified by the new rules introduced on 1st August 2018, you can choose to apply for a waiver of your disqualification before then.
For more information on setting up or running a charity come along to our free Charity Workshop on 4th August 2018, 9am – 12pm, for free and impartial advice from our experts.
Click here to register or call 01482 427360 for more information.